Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Singing the Blues

Oh Pandora Radio How I love thee…. Just thought I would share that. I recently discovered the wonders of it I know that I am behind but that is okay.


Anyways on another note. I have stopped allowing my children to watch TV during the week. It is wonderful. Although I can not control what goes on when I am not at home I can control it when I am. It is just annoying. I am not saying TV is bad because there is much education that goes into it. I just want to spend the time playing dress up, dancing, puzzles and doing other thing besides having to deal with not paying attention when I am even talking to them.

Xander is not bad he never really was a TV kid but my daughter is. Everyone seems to be adjusting very well to it so I am pleased.
It is just a much more peaceful time when no noise other than the Circus I live with  I mean that in a very good way.
This week was emotional I got mr. monthly for the first time in 18 months and it sucked. But On Monday I came home from work and got a note from Kylie’s teacher with a letter from one of the students who had wrote a Thank you note to Kylie
It said the following:

Kylie, Thank you so much for being my friend when nobody else will play with me or sit by me. Thank you for playing with me and always being my friend. Love “girl in class”
When I asked Kylie about it she simply said that sometimes people are mean to her. Really it was so natural for Kylie to be nice it was like she didn’t do anything special. I cried and cried some more. Just knowing that she has such a kind heart makes me think I did something right as a parent. I feel bad sometimes for her and I try to make sure we do things with her alone like we used to.


She was the baby and first grandchild for over 4 years. She is one of the only girls on Ben side of the family so she was a Princess to everyone and spoiled rotten. When Xander was born early naturally a lot of our focus was on him. Luca being a pleasant surprise it has been an adjustment for her. I mean this has all happened in 3 years time. But yet she still is my Sunshine such a kind caring little girl who always finds the good in people. Sometimes I wish I was more like her.

I am going to make it a point to do one on one things with the kids more this summer. My husband has been really good about it. I sometimes still feel overwhelmed But I want to make sure I try to take things one day at a time.

My Boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment