Search This Blog

Monday, February 6, 2012

Who Ever Said Growing up was easy ?

I don't think I can count on one hand how many times I have seen my dad cry in my 28 years.
I saw him cry just recently when a good friend of his past away, I did not know how in the matter of 2 weeks he was visiting the doctor for a cold which turned into a complete physical which 3 days before Christmas we got the news.

Cancer.... When I arrived at the appointment I was late and he was already back there. He told me not to come because "it is what it is" Whether I was there or not was not going to change anything. But I knew I had to be there. I knew he prob felt so alone getting that news and that broke my heart. He came out and I said what happened dad what did they say?

They said I have Cancer and that is all I heard. He handed me a piece of paper which laid out where it was and how much there was. He was crying so hard he could barely talk. "they said I need to go and have more tests ran to see if it has spread"

I stood there in the damp parking lot and hugged him I told him it would be okay and that we would get through this, It was been short of an emotional roller coaster. Between my aunt having it then Grandpa's coming back but really my dad I did not know what to do or how to feel .

He has the surgery on Jan 27th to remove the tumors it was a success and he is currently in remission. I can not thank God enough for what he has done to help me through this, I have put a lot aside including my kids birthday parties and friends phone calls.

I need to be there for Dad and I was I love him so much and after all the times he tucked me in at night and told me it was going to be okay it was my turn. I stayed with him that is where I needed to be,

He is recovering very nicely and the out pouring of love that has been shown to him by the people he has touched throughout his life. He has had meals brought to him for the last 2 weeks. People have taken him out and even my mother his ex wife has went to visit him every day since he has been home.

I love you dad more than anything and F*ck You Cancer we got this,
This is me and my Dad at our First Father Daughter Dance I will always be his princess.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea this was all going on - I can't imagine all that you are feeling.

    Prayers for your dad that he continues to fight this horrible disease.

    ReplyDelete