Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My thoughts on Marriage

Set Scene: As we wrestle around with the boys listening to our 8 year old read a story I could just feel all the love and laughter of the family that we have created.
My husband speaks the sweetest sound… “I am really glad the way my life turned out, I am so blessed”

I have always know deep down he felt this way but recently he asked me if I ever wondered what our lives would have been like if we had never met, or if we would have parted ways when I got pregnant. I know it is stupid but I was kind of hurt by this. I honestly have never wondered, the thoughts have never been there.

I simply replied “no” and walked out of the room. I think he was shocked… it is so hard sometimes to hear all the stories of how you shouldn’t get married young or have kids right away. I am so sick what you should and shouldn’t do.

Marriage is HARD very HARD one of the most challenging things I have to work at every day. Every year there are new changes, bumps in the road, that you need to overcome together. I am not here to give any one advice. I just think everyone is different just because you were 20 when you got married does not mean your going to never celebrate your 50th wedding anniversary. My parents were married at 25 and 26 and together for 27 years and got divorced. My cousin was married at 19 and divorced at 20. You just don’t know,

There is no wrong or right way to do it. Even though he drives me insane I love him, I love him as a father, as a husband, and as my friend, my partner in crime.

If I give one piece of advice it is simple “Never go to Bed Mad” Always kiss each other good night



I leave you with this funny quote:

High school isn't about finding your husband...it's about finding your bridesmaids.

No comments:

Post a Comment