Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

They Have That Kind of Love........

I feel compelled to write about love today about two people who I am almost unable put in writing how these two really loved.
They were my great aunt and uncle as far back as I can remember it was always about being kind to one another. They always held hands, every time he helped her out of the car he would grab her hand and look at her like she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen and nothing else in the world mattered.

I don’t know how it was in the beginning when they tried for years to have children and lost their oldest son in Nam or when he lost his brother and she her sister. But they loved and that is what got them through it. He was her “Lou” and she was his princess. They were always happy it seemed and even as they sat there in their 80’s they acted like two teenagers who was just learning about what love felt like.
I will never forget when My Uncle Passed they did a grave side service in a small chapel at the cemetery. Once the service was over we all kind of started to walk out of the chapel and when I turned back and looked she was laying across his casket sobbing. You could almost feel the pain in her heart that was so broken. I remember she kept saying you meant the world to me “my Lou” you meant millions to me.

She lived to be 90 ten years after he had passed. Every single day that she was alive without him she was lost and miserable with out him. I often prayed that she would find comfort and that her poor heart would mend but it never did. In the end when she passed away it was sad for me because she was gone but I in my heart I knew she was once again with Her Lou and that is where she always wanted to be.





No comments:

Post a Comment