Search This Blog

Friday, June 5, 2009

First Entry

So this is offically my first entry.... I mainly want to do this for me, I also want to meet some other parents of preemies who can help me along the journey of raising a preemie. Plus my 4 year old is funny and I always like to share the crazy things she says so I guess I want to share a little about me first.

I am married to b-man for 5 years this Oct.
I had the princess 12-31-04 she was my oops baby but we love her to pieces.
We then had trouble TTC and turned to fertility pills which brings us to the next chapter of our lives the one we are reading right now.

I got pregnant with my son the end of June 2008 the whole pregnancy the only thing that was wrong was me being sick (morning sickness X 10000) On December 13th I went to the OB appointment and everything was fine. On December 20th I was taken to the ER for high blood pressure oh taken by my hubby who is an EMT/Fireman it was a scarey 180/120 I spent the next 5 hours trying to get it to come down to be transfered to another hospital that had a NICU because they said I had severe pre-clampsia and was going to need to deliver early. I was able to get 2 shots of steriods before Xander decided he want to srop his heart rate on Christmas Evening while my husband went to take my daughter home I was rushed into Emergency C-Section in which my baby had no heart beat that they could detect, and no one was there. I was so scared and it is something that I will never forget. My baby was born weighing in at 1 pound 14ounces 10 inches long and could fit in my husbands hand.

We spent the next 10 weeks in Rush NICU where we cared for my tiny miracle. We are blessed to say that although there were a few bumps in the road he is a healthy 5 month old Corrected at 2 months and weighs over 9 pounds now.

No comments:

Post a Comment